Monday, February 8, 2010

It is PCOS

the story goes on..

I went to the ob/gyn that my original doctor referred me to. It was 1 1/2 hour drive from Manjung to Ipoh. The doctor was kind and caring and he listened to what I had to say. I told him how anxious I am to conceive and he asked lot of questions about my menstrual history. He checked my blood test result and found out the hormon levels are not right. He then performed the transvaginal scan. He showed to me there are many small small eggs (cysts) inside my ovaries. However, these eggs couldn't matured due to the hormonal imbalance. He explained that the hormonal imbalance not only causing me to have scarce period, but also to easily gain weight, and suffering from acne and hair growth.

I noticed that I had a hair growth on my upper lip since I was a little kid. Not a nice memory though.. boys always make fun of me and say nasty things like "misai tebal ular sawa". A classmate also once asked " weh aza, kau ada janggut ke?". I also suffer from hair growth on my legs and serious acne problems since teenage years.

Finally, the doctor informed that I have a syndrome called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or simply PCOS. There it goes. I was diagnosed to have PCOS on June 2009.

However, it broke my heart that I almost going to cry when he said I will have difficulty in getting pregnant due to my condition. I said " I have a son, he's 3 yrs old", and he said "He is a MIRACLE BABY. With your condition, it is impossible to get pregnant naturally".

At this point, my weight is a constant uphill battle. Thanks to Proactive. I've been using it for 8 years now and my acne is under control. Sadly, I am still not getting pregnant despite all the treatments I've been through. But, I do not want to loose hope. Abundance of prayers and words of encouragement might help me to get through all these. Please pray for me.

Baby dust to all who's TTC

3 comments:

Noris said...

Banyak2 bersabar la Aza.. and take care!!

suria said...

take care aza and don't lose hope..insyaAllah ada rezeki :)

AzaMazelan said...

thanks suria and noris.. doa doakanlah juga ye :).. tensen jugak kekdg, sbb aza ngajar kt skola.. cecikgu adeeeee je yg ngandung.. duk pk kita nih bilaa la lg